The event industry is a multi-billion dollar industry world wide. Competition in the entertainment industry is growing rapidly today. In the events market, band and artist promotion has become a serious business.
Here are 9 Golden Tips for effective band promotion, if you want to capture some of the corporate entertainment and wedding entertainment event market:
9 Golden Tips For Promoting A Band
- A catchy, relevant and memorable name always helps. It’s worth putting time into choosing a name that spells out what you do.
- A professionally recorded demo either live or studio. If your demo doesn’t sound great, then you may as well give up! Clients do have ears and they may lack the imagination to ‘picture’ what you might sound like.
- A professional designer website is a must these days. Cheesy websites with flashing backgrounds and banners are out. A MySpace page is no place to direct a potential corporate client in my opinion.
- (TASK: Think of a corporation that you would like to become a client of yours. Now go to their website and have a look. That’s what their benchmark is and that is what their event and marketing staff are looking for.) Invest in a quality website for band promotion!
- A picture paints a 1000 words. A GREAT photo is a must. Find a professional photographer and get some shots taken for your band promotion.
- Biographies are something that you need to devote some time to writing and re-writing for good band promotion. You need to mention your accolades and achievements, while also being concise and to the point. Don’t be afraid to ‘brag’ a little. Musicians are generally coy or modest in this area and need to promote themselves a little bit more aggressively.
- A professional video can really get potential clients very interested in your band. Sometimes they can call and book you just on the strength of your video. Once again, if you are serious about band promotion, you really need to give your clients this impression. Invest!
- Get some advertising. Advertising can take many forms. A great deal of entertainment bookings are transacted online. Magazines, yellow pages, newspapers can be effective although niche directories which are optimised for search engine visibility can be very cost effective. You can learn google advertising secrets through certain websites on the internet. Internet marketing is an artform in itself, so be patient and get good advice.
- Posters, flyers, postcards, direct mail, telemarketing and networking are all other forms of band promotion you can definitely worth investigation.
This list just touches the surface. I suggest further investigation into each of these areas. Good Luck!